1 Miracle = $33
1 operation = 12 minutes
On Miracles Day, Thursday 18 August, join Rhema 99.7 as we give the gift of sight-saving surgery to those living in poverty. All it takes is $33, a 12-minute surgery and YOU to restore sight for someone with cataracts – changing their life forever.
Your gift will help someone like Sabina. A few months ago, 9-year-old Sabina from Nepal had cataracts in both eyes and could not see. Sabina was left broken hearted when her teacher told her not to return to school.
Since she received the Miracle of cataract surgery, Sabina can see clearly again and is loving being back at school with her friends. She wants to express her thanks, “Thank you Australia! Thank you for my Miracle.”
This year, Rhema’s goal is to give 797 Miracles of sight-saving surgery!
Total Miracles Given in the Newcastle/ Hunter region!
Last 5 Donations from Newcastle/Hunter Donors
Some facts about cataracts
• Many people become legally blind from untreated cataracts, and cataracts can even cause total blindness if left untreated for long periods, or if people cannot access affordable eye care and surgery.
• Worldwide, 65.2 million people have cataracts, making it one of the leading causes of vision impairment.
• The majority of people with cataracts live in low-income countries, where people remain blind because they cannot afford the surgery needed.
• Cataracts can be surgically removed and this is very successful in restoring sight.
• Approximately 80% of vision impairment globally is considered avoidable. This means that people could get their sight restored if they just had access to treatment.
Miracles Day FAQ
Q. What is a Miracle?
A. A Miracle is a $33 gift that gives someone blind from cataracts the 12-minute surgery needed to restore their sight. Blindness to sight in 12-minutes… a Miracle.
Q. Where does CBM support inclusive eye health?
A. CBM and its field partners run inclusive eye health programs around the world funding eye health work in:
Q. Is my donation Tax Deductible?
A. Yes! Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.